I’m not much for watching a movie or TV show twice. After all, you already know the end, right? And I don’t think I’ve ever paid to watch a movie twice.
But this week I found myself in the position of listening to Jeff Bellomo and Lou Leyes pretty much having the same conversation that they had in Phoenix way back in October, and I’ve got to tell you … I enjoyed it even more the second time, picking up more gems after hearing it twice.
Jeff and Lou give the inside scoop on the financial advisor’s world. As a financial advisor, Lou shared how to get into that world, and gives tips on how to find financial advisors who would be good fits for working with LWP member firms.
The title is “Busting Financial Advisor Myths,” and if you're a member and missed it in Phoenix, then you’re in luck. It’s posted on the LWP member website and available to members.
One-by-one, Lou and Jeff give responses to the typical financial advisor roadblocks that our members commonly encounter:
- It’s always a bad idea to cash out an IRA.
- Clients should never use trusts because trust rates are too high.
- Clients should never make a separate share trust the beneficiary of an IRA or 401(k)
- Annuities are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
- The best way to avoid probate is to use beneficiary designations.
- Asset protection planning isn’t necessary when clients have the right insurance policies in place.
- Medicaid planning is bad and unnecessary for my clients.
Just to let you know, I’m not alone in my appreciation of this presentation. I think it received some of the highest member ratings ever when it was presented.
Folks, this is a “must see” for anyone who is using the Relationship Management Process (“RMS”) or planning to implement the process. I’d like to personally express a huge “Thank You” to both Jeff and Lou for sharing their insights.
If you want to learn more about what Lawyers With Purpose has to offer your Estate Planning or Elder Law Practice, join us in Charlotte, NC, February 3rd - 5th for our Practice With Purpose Program. Hotel cut off is January 12th so register today. For registration information contact Kyle Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nedra Catale - Coaching, Consulting & Implementation, Lawyers With Purpose.